UI/UX Designer (Internship)
The mission of Givebutter is Eat. Sleep. Give. We aim to make giving a part everyone’s lives by providing the best possible fundraising experience online. Today, thousands of student organizations across the country use Givebutter to fundraise for every cause imaginable.
We are seeking a UI/UX Design Intern to join our Design Team for a minimum of 4 months (start date flexible, 20+ hrs/week). The Givebutter.com website was built and designed by scratch by the company's co-founders, and we are offering the opportunity for students around the country to join us in contributing to this rapidly-growing website. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the brightest young talent in the design world, while creating mockups and experiences that will be seen and used by thousands of people every day. This position will report directly to Max Friedman, the company's CEO and Co-Founder who is based out of our Washington D.C. headquarters (Please note: We are accepting remote applications).
This role may suit you...
If creating a mockup from scratch, designing awesome experiences, and seeing your creations improve people's lives gets you really excited. If you want to gain real-world experience by working at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. If you're excited about the idea of building and designing products that impact people's lives in a positive and scalable way, and would enjoy being part of a small, young team who believes they can change the world.
Your ability to design a stick of butter is key to your success (that's a joke, sorta).
We will meet regularly (at least once per week) to go over the following:
- Improvements/Experience: We'll start by identifying the skills you want to improve on and the kind of experience you want to gain by the end of the internship
- Roadmap: We will work together to outline a roadmap based on these goals and set weekly, task-based objectives. Essentially, a checklist (i.e. Design new homepage banner: [x] Change font alignment, [x] Add a Call to Action button, [ ] Fix the spacing on Nav Bar, etc.. )
- Design: Once the work begins, we'll do design reviews as needed and work together to ensure you are well-equipped to solve the objectives at hand
- Feedback: The most important and valuable part of this internship is the feedback loop ingrained in our development and design process, and where you will learn the most
- Since we believe in a hands-off design process that allows you to create without insane oversight, it is very important that you are a self-starter capable of thinking outside the box, but are also not afraid to reach out to us for help when you need it.
- We expect you to be responsive and a good communicator, especially if you are working remotely.
Be a good person :)
- Gain valuable real-world experience at the fastest-growing college startup in the country.
- Learn what it takes to design, build, and run a website from scratch.
- Design mockups and experiences that will be implemented in key areas of our site that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people every month.
- Total flexibility over your schedule and the hours that you work.
- Work directly under Givebutter's Co-Founder and CEO - one of the brightest young minds in web design and development.