Business Development (Internship)
The mission of Givebutter is Eat. Sleep. Give. We aim to make giving a part everyone’s lives by providing the best possible fundraising experience online. Today, thousands of student organizations across the country use Givebutter to fundraise for every cause imaginable.
We are seeking a hard-working Business Development Intern to join our passionate Business Development Team for a minimum of 4 months (start date flexible, 20+ hrs/week). The Givebutter.com website was built from scratch by the company's co-founders, and has grown organically with no outside investment or marketing budget. Our campus ambassador program has been a major component of this growth, supplemented by strategic partnerships with large nonprofits - both of which we are trying to expand. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the brightest young minds in the startup world, while gaining invaluable experience and insight for your personal growth and professional development. This position will report directly to Max Friedman, the company's CEO and Co-Founder who is based out of our Washington D.C. headquarters (Please note: We are accepting remote applications).
This role may suit you...
If you are a self-starter who loves to tackle creative and interesting problems. If you want to gain real-world experience by working at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. If you're excited about the idea of growing a product that impacts people's lives in a positive and scalable way. If you would enjoy being part of a small, young team who believes they can change the world.
- Strong proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets
- Excellent responsiveness and communication skills
- A unique ability to identify areas of improvement, and then turn that into real results
We will meet regularly (at least once per week) to go over the following:
- Improvements/Experience: We'll start by identifying the skills you want to improve on and the kind of experience you want to gain by the end of the internship
- Roadmap: We will work together to outline a roadmap based on these goals and set weekly, task-based objectives. Essentially, a checklist (i.e. [x] Identify trends in the top performing Givebutter campaigns, [x] Brainstorm strategies to grow our ambassador program, etc.. )
- Work: Once the work begins, we'll discuss the project you are tackling and ensure you are well-equipped to solve the next objectives at hand
- Feedback: The most important and valuable part of this internship is the feedback loop, and where you will learn the most
- Since we believe in a hands-off process that allows you to work without unnecessary oversight, it is very important that you are a self-starter capable of teaching yourself things you don't know and not being afraid to reach out to us for help when you need it.
- We expect you to be responsive and a good communicator, especially if you are working remotely.
Be a good person :)
- Gain valuable real-world experience at the fastest-growing college startup in the country.
- Learn what it takes to build, run and grow a website from scratch.
- Take on meaningful projects that will drive real results and help you grow personally and professionally.
- Total flexibility over your schedule and the hours that you work.
- Work directly under Givebutter's Co-Founder and CEO