This position is the backbone of the staff group and delivers the primary elements of the Hawkeye program on a daily basis. This role requires patience, strong communication skills, positive energy and a commitment to making a difference.
This individual will be assigned a cabin of a specific age and will be working alongside two other staff members. This individual is expected to show skills in these areas; teamwork, organization, resilience, adaptability and compassion.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain a great level of health and well-being for all the campers in the assigned cabin.
- Be a reliable & fair mentor. Be unique & allow the children to form a one-to-one connection with you.
- Educate children on topics of interest - this could be theirs/yours/Hawkeye's mission.
- Create challenging yet fun activities to bring the group together and establish a shared identity.
Secondary Responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize and lead activities in a program area of your choice; WW, AC, SW, BD, BT, AY, DR
- Develop activities that are progressive and will challenge specific age groups
- Take responsibility for the safety precautions and procedures in your area.
- Build Camper's perseverance, problem solving, independence and social skills
The Salary for this position is based on ability and experience from $1100-1800. Salary includes housing, food, and laundry. Staff receive time off daily and weekly.