Could you be described as passionately friendly? Could you sell ice to an Eskimo in winter without being pushy? We are searching for a poised, self-starting relationship builder who is excited to change the career trajectory of entrepreneurial young people across the country as a member of our Talent team. Come help us find amazing Fellows to join Venture for America.
What you'll do:
What you'll do:
- Own recruiting events and be the face of VFA at a portfolio of colleges across the country
- Plan and execute over 85 events per year, traveling to campuses and VFA cities up to 40% of the time
- Engage on-campus contacts—professors, student leaders, and prospective applicants—and drive interest in VFA’s mission
- Mobilize current Fellows and VFA team members to spread the word
- Participate in all aspects of the VFA selection and onboarding process
- Review written applications, conduct video interviews, lead a room full of applicants through our final round Selection Day activities
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned applicants and Fellows, mentoring them through the selection process all the way through finding a job in a VFA city
- Collaborate to improve our existing recruitment process
- Find creative new ways to identify and engage potential VFA Fellows, through partnerships, digital venues and other means
- Worked for a 0-3 years in event planning, talent acquisition, or an otherwise detail-heavy role
- We pay well! You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- We have a great benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- 401(k), commuter benefits
- Gym, tech, and professional development stipends
- We have a generous vacation policy, plenty of paid holidays, and regular work from home Fridays
- We promote from within!
- You’ll work alongside a team of extraordinarily motivated, high-caliber people
Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of hands-on experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact. Venture for America is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion through all aspects of our programming and operations.