Virtual Social Media Marketing Intern
(Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit)
Sports Thread, a purpose-driven start-up based in Denver, Colorado, offers a social media based, self-promotion, and educational platform for the nearly eight million high school athletes in the United States. Sports Thread helps all student-athletes to achieve their dreams of playing college sports, regardless of their individual skill level, socioeconomic status or geographic location.
Sports Thread seeks talented individuals who have a passion for collegiate athletics and an interest in social media marketing. Interns will learn the fundamentals of how businesses use various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc. for business development and brand recognition all conducted remotely. Additionally, interns will participate in a semester long course on social media marketing where they will implement social media techniques in a real-life scenario. The internship is unpaid and can be taken either for class credit or work experience.
Interns will develop the following skills:
• Learning to recognize social media trends.
• Effective content marketing.
• Developing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. for business growth and to reach target market segments.
• Understanding methods behind growing a following on various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Increasing brand awareness.
• Implementing social media strategies, learning & implementing Hootsuite’s platform.
• Monitoring and analyzing social media data to reach set goals.
• SEO and its significance, social media marketing and business development.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic students.
• An interest in social media, social media marketing and business development.
• A passion for using social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills.
• Highly organized.
The internship will be conducted on a semesterly or quarterly basis (depending on the school). Interns are expected to dedicate 2-5 hours a week for tasks assigned by Sports Thread. The internship is an independent study program and will be performed on the intern’s own schedule throughout the week.
Sports Thread is happy to provide necessary documentation to receive course credit for our internship. Requirements vary for each institution; it is the intern's responsibility to determine if this internship will count for credit at your school.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on Handshake or
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.