Account Executive Trainee
Do you have an extreme work ethic, a take-no-prisoners attitude toward success?
Are you an aggressive, outgoing individual with a thick skin?
Does the challenge of cold calling and securing your financial freedom excite you?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this may be the sales career for you!
PLS is where hard work meets the dream.
As an Account Executive at PLS Logistics, you will act as an imperative link between your customers and carriers, making sure that their freight is picked up and delivered across the nation, 24/7/365. You will directly call the shots, and ultimately drive yourself and PLS Logistics to prosperity and success. This will all come with the zealous support of the company around you. In this thriving industry, we are looking for a self-motivated team member, who thrives in a fast-paced daily environment.
PLS Company Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWOxGx0R3g
Tampa Office Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoww8a55nw
The PLS Advantage:
- $1,000k signing bonus
- Base salary + uncapped commissions = PLS’s unrivaled commission structure
- Chairman’s club opportunity = Jet-set with the best of the best as a reward for being top sales.
- BYOB = Be your own boss
- Extensive opportunity for career growth = With 10 offices located throughout the US, PLS can take you anywhere.
- Thorough sales and logistics training to jump start your logistics knowledge.
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with a company match
- Proactively develop a new portfolio of clients through cold calling industry leads – Building your empire
- Use your negotiation skills with clients and carrier freight rates
- Take charge of client service issues through to the point of resolution
- Be the liaison between shipper, consignee, and carrier
- Build and foster strong relationships across North America
- Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful
- Entrepreneurial spirit & success driven attitude
- START: Participate in 1 week of classroom training to learn the basics of logistics
- Crash course on the industry & our systems. MIDDLE: *3 months direct mentorship with our talented Account Executives
- Learn the operations piece inside and out. END: *Approximately 13 months of sales coaching from our Group Sales Managers
- In depth sales training to help you prepare to meet the needs and goals of your customers.
- Direct support from a Group Sales Manager – ALL of our GSM's started as trainees, which that means they have all sold for us, so you learn from someone who walked a mile in your shoes.
- 1-1 coaching sessions, breakout meetings, and all the tools to be successful in sales.
- College degree: 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- Sales experience a plus
- Military experience a plus
- Extreme multi-tasking
- Work Hard - Play Hard Attitude
- Strong communication Skills
- High Energy and Enthusiasm
- Confident decision making
- Attention to Detail
Over its 26-year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics management services providers. We are based outside of Pittsburgh, PA in Cranberry Township & with offices currently in Jacksonville, FL, Tampa, FL, Dallas, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Saint Louis, MO, Philadelphia, PA & downtown Pittsburgh, PA, and are continuously expanding! We have truly grown into a nationwide family.
We take tremendous pride in our family & the work we do. Our people are the lifeblood of our organization. Their passion, dedication, energy, and camaraderie are what make PLS the company it is today. If you are looking for a cookie-cutter, 9-5 office job, this is NOT that place. We are not interested in the average Joe! At PLS, we work hard, play hard, and always have fun! We strive to make an impact not only in our industry but the communities we work in.
We ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS Transportation network of over 250,000 trucks representing 25,000 carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies. Are you ready for it?
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.