Title: Data Analyst
Company: ReefPoint Group, LLC
Location: Washington, DC area
Status: Full Time
ReefPoint Group (RPG) is a data-driven and health-focused management consulting firm. RPG’s unique group of health systems specialists, data scientists, and industrial engineers generate keen insight into market-specific challenges of the Military Health System (MHS), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and other federal and commercial health systems, as well as the communities they serve. RPG provides clients with the knowledge and power to thrive in the challenging and changing landscape of health and health care by leveraging results-oriented, informed, and collaborative innovation and insight.
We have a vibrant culture of innovation that brings results-driven, cutting edge analytic thought to every RPG project. You will have the chance to work within a small, rapidly growing company where everyone has the opportunity to help shape the future of our firm.
· Help our clients tackle high visibility problems across the health care landscape:
o To help them improve performance across the health system
o To adopt and integrate to new technologies
o To develop analytic tools and dashboards that provide real-time actionable insight into their
· Responsible for gathering, aggregating, cleansing and analyzing clinical and business data
· Work as part of a team to impove application development, purchasing, management and retention
· Coordinate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate data into actionable
intelligence, trends and potential oportunities
· Prepare written materials to communicate findings to organizational leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred majors include: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
Engineering, or Business
· Demonstrated ability to formulate and complete complex analyses
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong, demonstrated communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work collaboratively in dynamic team environment
· Experience with programming languages or tools commonly used for data analysis/visualization
including R, Python, and SAS
· Experience developing, querying, and managing large data sets using a variety of RDBMS
environments such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and Oracle. Familiarity with MS SSMS and Oracle
· Experience with NoSQL environments
· Related project or work experience
· Ability to travel at least 75%
· Experience working within federal government agencies and/or healthcare
· Experience with process or performance improvement projects
· Familiarity with EHR systems such as Cerner or Epic
Due to our work with the federal government, US citizenship is required for most of the roles at ReefPoint Group, with many full time roles requiring the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Work will require travel to our office and potentially other client locations that could be inaccessible by public transportation. Personal vehicle highly recommended.