ModernGuild is reinventing entry-level recruiting, creating better outcomes for both college students and forward-looking companies. We’re solving one of the greatest challenges college students face today: bridging the gap between what one learns in the classroom and what one needs to know in order to land the right work upon graduation. By partnering with companies like Barclays, Deloitte, J.P. Morgan, PwC and Goldman Sachs, we’re able to bring our industry-specific, virtual training programs to college students at no cost whatsoever to the them, removing both geographic and financial barriers. To date, we’ve placed upwards of 85% of our graduates in top jobs. We aspire to streamline the entire entry-level recruiting process, lending greater transparency and efficiency for both students and companies to make the smartest decision possible. Learn more at www.modernguild.com.
As ModernGuild continues to expand its community (6,000 students & 500 mentors), we’re looking for a Community Manager to help us make sure we’re always going above and beyond to both delight and support our various stakeholders (companies, students, mentors and partners). This role is an inherently social one, which will require regular engagement with all of our stakeholders to better understand their needs and optimize for their experience. Whether it’s chatting with our mentors (all working industry professionals) to understand their interest or availability, or encouraging college students to believe in themselves and guiding them through our learning ecosystem, or visiting college campuses to excite students and career centers about our mission, this position requires someone who thrives under pressure, enjoys communicating and learning from others, and places a great emphasis on delivering stellar user experiences.
The Community Manager will be given considerable autonomy under direct supervision of the Director of Marketing & Community and will have both logistical and strategic responsibilities within a quickly-growing startup in NYC. Within 1-2 years, our hope is that you will be able to step into a directorial role, thereby increasing your responsibility and direct interaction with our corporate clients and strategic partners.
- Coordinate & host diverse activities including our Virtual Career Fairs, seasonal calendar of community training workshops, on-campus recruitment initiatives and in-person networking events.
- Maintain a pulse on the needs of our most important stakeholders and help us continually improve the experience for each one.
- Regularly engage and build community through social media (LinkedIn), GroupMe, email and other creative initiatives.
- Curate or generate content for our monthly newsletters.
- Manage and reinvigorate ModernGuild’s social media presence (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Execute seasonal student marketing drives to raise awareness on campuses across the country (including regular info-sessions, managing campus ambassadors, cold/warm outreach, referrals, etc.).
- Collaborate on visual and print design projects (flyers, one-pagers, website pitch decks) to support company-wide promotional efforts.
- Spearhead various creative marketing/PR campaigns to expand ModernGuild’s visibility in the marketplace.
- Work directly with Director of Marketing & Community to map out and implement process improvements to optimize marketing efforts.
- Implement tools and collect community engagement and digital marketing metrics to report to the team.
- 0-2 years work experience, preferably with some exposure to digital marketing or community engagement.
- Startup or creative agency experience preferred, but not required.
- An active social media presence (on any platform) preferred, but not required.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools (Intercom, MailChimp, Buffer, etc.).
- Excellence in both spoken and written English.
- A general, friendly concern for making people happy.
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and an ability to remain graceful under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask across a wide range of daily responsibilities.
- Willingness to participate in high-level strategic planning as well as to dive into the weeds to execute efficiently on-the-ground.
- Passionate about our mission to democratize campus recruiting by removing barriers-to-entry for students of all backgrounds. You should be excited about interacting with, learning from, and empowering thousands of college students with the skills and confidence they need to land their dream jobs.