ELT Field Engineer Turbine Control System Mk VIe
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
We are recruiting to fill openings for Field Engineer to travel to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. We have openings for entry level candidates, recently graduated with an engineering or technical degree or equivalent field experience, and openings for intermediate Field Service Turbine Engineer with less than 5 years’ experience.
These Field Engineers will provide on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility and industrial power plants for their turbine and generator control systems, Mark VIe. OEM training provides the technical skills for the engineer to operate confidently and independently for FieldCore.
Training will consist of classroom and OJT and will involve product knowledge, technology, safety, and work processes
These positions are based in the US and Canada and require candidates that are citizen or legal residents of the US or Canada. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE).
Field Service positions can live anywhere in the USA and Canada, preferably close to an airport and you must have reliable transportation. This is a traveling job where you will travel to customer sites to perform your job duties.
The Controls Field Engineer manages controls activities on site during the Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy duty gas and steam turbines (generator or mechanical drive). Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&ID’s, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
· Actively manage controls activities on site during Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy duty gas and steam, including but not limited to oversight of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostics on gas turbine and auxiliary systems
· Plan, organize, integrate, and direct labor and tool and material allocation
· Understand PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting
· Read and interpret electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams
· Ensure the correct installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and maintenance practices are followed
· Provide general knowledge of turbine instrumentation calibration, including various types of transmitters
· Provide technical expertise to customers, service support, field technicians and operators
· Provide timely and accurate internal and external reports
· Ensure contractual obligations are met
· Attend technical meetings with Customers
· Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental, health, and safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
· Provide expert consultation on complex projects
· Provide customers with technical direction and support on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) packaged products
· Overall responsibility of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and directing of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or 3 years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning.
· Successful completion of required training programs is a minimum requirement.
· Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required.
· Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training. of where to seek answers to questions as they arise. Has experienced successful installations and outages..
· Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems
· Experience on MarkVI, Mark Vie, Mark V controls systems, preferable
· Ability to understand and implement controls software
· Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
· Strong analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
· Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Strong computer skills
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Ability to work independently
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.-list:l0 (?~Q��#