ELT Field Engineer Utility/Industiral Boilers
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
We are recruiting to fill openings for North American based Field Engineers to support Utility / Industrial Boilers and related equipment and systems. They will travel to customer plant sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with Boiler equipment start-ups; solving Boiler operational and Boiler maintenance problems, and helping achieve plant operational objectives. Some of these activities include conducting and managing inspections, performance testing, advanced maintenance and operations support, supporting projects, and writing detailed reports. Advanced tasks include troubleshooting equipment, evaluating suitability of equipment application, assessing remaining life of equipment, analyzing failed equipment, optimizing plant performance, and training plant personnel.
We have openings for entry level candidates, recently graduated with an engineering or technical degree or equivalent field experience, and openings for intermediate Utility/ Industrial Boilers Field Engineer with less than 5 years’ experience.
Training will consist of classroom and OJT and will involve product knowledge, technology, safety, and work processes.
These positions are based in the US and Canada and require candidates that are citizen or legal residents of the US or Canada. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE).
Field Engineer positions can live anywhere in the USA and Canada, preferably close to an airport and you must have reliable transportation. This is a traveling job where you will travel to customer sites to perform your job duties.
The Utility/Industrial Boiler Field Engineer travels to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Utility Industrial Boilers and related equipment and systems. In order to provide direction to others, this position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams, dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment. The Utility/Industrial Boiler Field Engineer implements and executing the work under safety and environmental policies, behaving as an example for others and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of the EHS Policies and any additional project-specific written statement or procedure
· Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
· Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
· Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
· Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
· Signs off on all changes implemented.
· Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
· Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
· Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
· Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
· Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
· Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role
· Minimum of 1 years of experience in a field services or power generation equipment maintenance position
· In order to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment.
· Experience working in Power, Refinery, Nuclear, Chemical Processing, Pulp and Paper processing plant environment.
· Experience writing field reports and processing related paperwork
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
· Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
· Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
· Experience and training on Alstom, Siemens or other OEM equipment is preferred
· Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required
· Field Service experience working with Boilers and related parts and systems, such as; firing systems with fuel and air injection systems, pressure parts, tubing, piping, superheater, economizer, waterwalls, firing system, low NOx burners, pulverizer, stoker, air preheater, pulp & paper mill, chemical recovery unit
· Experience as a field service technician working with customers at their sites performing installations, maintenance, and repairs on Utility/Industrial equipment.
· Experience training customers with Utility/Industrial equipment operation and maintenance.
· Pipe fitting and tubing experience.
· Previous experience working on GE LM equipment.
· Fluent in English language.
· Good organizational skills
· Prior project management experience
· Good project management skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills
· Good business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.