ELT Field Engineer Mechanical Field Service Steam and Gas Turbines
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
We are recruiting to fill openings for Field Engineers to travel to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. We have openings for entry level candidates, recently graduated with an engineering or technical degree, and openings for intermediate Field Service Turbine with less than 5 years’ experience.
Training will consist of classroom and OJT and will involve product knowledge, technology, safety, and working processes.
These positions are based in the US and require candidates that are citizen or legal residents of the US. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE).
Field Service positions can live anywhere in the USA, preferably close to an airport and you must have reliable transportation. This is a traveling job where you will travel to customer sites to perform your job duties.
The Heavy-duty Gas Turbine Field Engineer will be in charge of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and monitoring of resources such as labour, tools and technical assistants as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements. The TFA will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning at customer power generating facilities. In particular, will be responsible for the installation & maintenance of Gas Turbines.
The Steam Turbine Field Engineer travels to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. In order to provide direction to others, this position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams, dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment. The Steam Turbine Field Engineer implements and executing the work under safety and environmental policies, behaving as an example for others and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of the EHS Policies and any additional project-specific written statement or procedure.
· Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
· Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
· Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
· Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
· Signs off on all changes implemented.
· Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
· Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
· Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
· Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
· Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
· Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Requirements· Bachelor Degree (Chemistry, CE, EE, ME, IE or Environmental Engineering) from an accredited college or university and 4 years of experience, or 10 years of experience without formal degree, in power generation or technical field services industry
· Minimum of 1 years of experience in a field services or power generation equipment maintenance position
· Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of Gas Turbine Operation & Controlling Parameters.
· In order to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment.
· Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
· Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
· Experience and training on Alstom, Siemans or other OEM equipment is preferred
· Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required
· Pipe fitting and tubing experience.
· Previous experience working on GE LM equipment.
· Fluent in English language.
· Good organizational skills
· Prior project management experience
· Good project management skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills
· Good business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”