ELT Electrical Field Engineer for Turbine Excitation System
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
We are recruiting to fill openings for Field Engineers to travel to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. We have openings for entry level candidates, recently graduated with an engineering or technical degree or equivalent field experience, and openings for intermediate Field Engineer with less than 5 years’ experience.
The Field Engineers will provide on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility and industrial power plants for their Turbine Excitation Systems. There will be OEM training that provides the technical skills for the engineer to operate confidently and independently for Granite Services. Training will consist of classroom and OJT and will involve product knowledge, technology, safety, and work processes.
These positions are based in the US and require candidates that are citizen or legal residents of the US. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE).
Field Engineer positions can live anywhere in the USA, preferably close to an airport and you must have reliable transportation. This is a traveling job where you will travel to customer sites to perform your job duties.
The Electrical Exitation Field Engineer is responsible for the Power Turbine Generator Exitation System and is accountable for:
- Control of costs - mistakes could be detrimental to job cost
- Quality control - preservation, protection, security, or safekeeping of turbine modules, office trailers, tool trailers/gang boxes, cranes, and accessories, spare parts.
- External Reporting: Field Engineers may report to the client, the plant/utility owner, the construction firm, giving daily or weekly updates on job progress or as needed.
· Participate as a Service Team member dedicated to Safety metrics
· Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
· Lead execution of retrofit projects, including: Excitation systems (EX2100 EX2100e, LS2100, LS2100e and HMI products), Generator Protection Systems (GPP), and Power System Stabilization systems
· Execute project management and technical leader duties. Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
· Able to travel extensively and work significant over-time.
· Complete service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements timely.
· Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
· Support the business growth initiatives
· Trace through the software documentation
· Implement control constant modifications
· Reading and modifying software sequencing
· Set up and modify the hardware and software associated with the Gas/Steam Turbine Excitation / LCI system
· Implement excitation control system software changes
· Work with both DOS and Windows NT based operator interfaces
· Work with both analog and digital controls including logic
· Provide Technical Direction for wiring install and terminate, complete functionality checks, and troubleshooting the turbine excitation / LCI system. Perform start-up/shut-down sequencing and turbine/generator operation
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Possess a four-year technical degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (BSEE, MSEE, BSME, MSME), or a two-year degree in Electronics (AAS, BSEE) or Mechanics (AAS, BSME) with equivalent experience. Graduate of military technical training may be acceptable as determined by the Service Manager.
· 3 years of practical experience will be considered instead of school
· Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English.
· Computer skills with familiarity of MS Office products. Ability to learn other software tool applications to support HMI and application changes.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills with a “Hands-on approach.”
· Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines
· Ability to set and meet aggressive targets.
· Successful completion of the GE training program is required once hired
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.