ELT Field Engineer Generator Specialist for Power Turbine Generator Systems
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
We are recruiting to fill openings for Field Engineer Generator Specialists to travel to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines.
We have openings for entry level candidates, recently graduated with an engineering or technical degree or equivalent field experience, and openings for intermediate Field Engineer with less than 5 years’ experience.
Training will consist of classroom and OJT and will involve product knowledge, technology, safety, and work processes.
These positions are based in the US and Canada and require candidates that are citizen or legal residents of the US or Canada. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE).
Field Service positions can live anywhere in the USA and Canada, preferably close to an airport and you must have reliable transportation. This is a traveling job where you will travel to customer sites to perform your job duties.
The Generator Specialist Field Engineer provides on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility and industrial power plants for their Turbine Generator Systems. Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&ID’s, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
The primary responsibility of the Generator Specialist, is to safely accomplish the maintenance and repair of the heavy duty generators used in power generation applications
· Perform inspection and testing of the generator field and stator utilizing the latest technology. (MAGIC Jr. & Sr. inspection, Digital/Analog EL-CID, Flush and Bake skid (FAB), Quick skid, Capacitance Mapping, Tracer Gas, Vacuum Decay, Pressure Decay, 60 Hertz AC HIPOT test set, Wedge Tapping, Computer Based Reporting tool), Epoxy Injection, UT Flow, Hazmat training and other topics as business needs arise
· Direct and perform repair or inspection procedures utilizing the latest electronic communication, references and documentation technologies.
· Recognize, Predict and document potential generator failures.
· Present to the customer accurate generator quality issues as presented and selected by Generator Product Service and regional generator specialists.
· Familiarity with Power Circuit Breakers, Protective Relay Systems, AC and DC Motors / Generators, Programmable Logic Controllers
· Working knowledge of basic electrical circuits and electrical troubleshooting
· Working knowledge of prints/print reading, such as manufacturing drawings, P&IDs and schematic drawings
· Participate as a Service Team member dedicated to Safety metrics.
· Pre-outage planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
· Lead execution of projects, including: generator field and stator rewinds, general generator repairs, and inspections
· Execute project management and technical leader duties. Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Field Services role
· Minimum of 1 years of experience in Oil & Gas or power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance or power plant equipment installation/commissioning
· Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required
· Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
· Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
· Experience and training on Alstom, Siemens or other OEM equipment is preferred
· Good attitude to manage relationships with customers, concerning technical and contractual aspects.
· Follow up all quality aspects according to six sigma approach and GE QA manual and procedures.
· Working knowledge and application of EHS rules.
· Effective communication to HQs, through company e-tools (VC4/NCM - e-SMS).
· Good organizational skills
· Prior project management experience
· Good project management skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills
· Good business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.y:8=~Cl̆